A new edition of the Roman Breviary 1961 in English and Latin. An invaluable set of books for all those attached to the traditional Roman Breviary, in the form approved by Pope Benedict XVI in Summorum Pontificum. We hope and pray that this edition which has taken many years of work to complete, will help to bring about an increased use of the traditional liturgy in the praying of the Divine Office of the Church.
Summary of features:
- 6,064 pages printed in black and red, text of all hours in Latin and English with rubrics in English.
- Concordat cum originali – meaning the Latin text is approved by the Church for liturgical use, Imprimatur and foreword from Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz STD of Lincoln.
- Based on the popular three-volume Breviary published by Collegeville in 1963.
- St. Jerome's traditional Gallican Psalter from the Vulgate is used throughout.
- English version of Psalms thoroughly revised to match the Gallican Psalter.
- Follows rubrics promulgated by Blessed Pope John XXIII – the form of the traditional Breviary approved in Pope Benedict XVI's Summorum Pontificum.
- Scriptural texts in English follow the Confraternity translation (a 1940s revision of Challoner's Douai-Rheims Bible), which have been revised where necessary to conform to the Vulgate text.
- Contains Penitential Psalms and the Office for the Dead.
- Full texts of national feasts for the USA included in the Proper of Saints. National feasts for England & Wales, Scotland and Australasia indicated in the Proper on the dates they occur.
- English versions of hymns in the acclaimed translation of the Rev. Joseph Connelly.
- Thirty engravings throughout, which have been selected from traditional liturgical books, carefully scanned, and re-mastered – correcting any defects in images where necessary.
- Extracts from the Rituale Romanum (including the most commonly used litanies) given in Latin with English rubrics in an Appendix.
- Full text of relevant motu proprio (Pope John XXIII's Rubricarum Instructum and Pope Benedict's Summorum Pontificum) in Latin and English.
- Thirteen Cards with commonly used prayers in Latin and English.
- All texts of the Cards also gathered in a handy booklet – in addition to being on the cards.
- Booklet containing common texts and basic instructions for praying for the Day Hours of the Breviary. Both booklets are sized to conveniently fit at the back of each volume.
- A free copy of Learning the Traditional Breviary is included with all orders.
- Flexible cover, leather bound with edge stitching for extra durability.
- Printed on light cream Bible paper.
- Beautifully printed endpapers
- Gold gilt page edges and rounded corners.
- Six soft ribbons.
- Slipcase provided for each volume for additional protection.
To see if the type and size of the font used in this book are easy to read and are acceptable to you, we encourage that you download and print out a sample page.
|The Roman Breviary
|Flexible cover (Black Leather), 3-Volume Set
|No. of Pages
|4½'' x 7''